31th May 2014
-Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall
-Eslite Bookstore
-Flight back to Singapore
Lastly we went to have our lunch and then, board the plane that would take us home. It was a very sad occasion as we departed from our tour guide and Taiwan. I hoped that I could have visited Taiwan again and also get to meet the tour guide also as I find him very kind. As the plane took off, I recalled what I have learnt from Taiwan like the need to prepare for emergencies and also the need to preserve lost traditions.
Sharlene: WOW, LAST DAY OF TAIWAN D:
In the morning, we went to the Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall. We not only learn about his contributions to Taiwan, but also his personal life and even his style. Clothes that he wore were exhibited! I really liked the oil paintings that were put up. Although the paintings of Chaing were from long ago, they were kept in good conditions.
Fortunately, the teachers have decided to allow us to go to the Eslite Bookstore. At first I thought they only sold books but there were clothes and food. It was four levels high and we had a shopping spree!
Then our trip in Taiwan ended as we took a flight back to Singapore :')
Shaun:First, we went to the Chiang Kai Shek memorial hall, where we learnt about his contributions to China and Taiwan. Then, we went to the Eslite bookstore, one of the large scale bookstores in Taiwan.
Today is our last day in Taiwan... Happy times really pass too fast :( That night, we were really scared as weird things happened in our hotel rooms. However, I think that it was the night that bonded our class the most. I need to thank every single person who made this trip so memorable, including the tour guide, the bus driver, the teachers and the whole of 2L. I will miss all the happy memories we had on this trip. I really hope to go on another trip with the exact same people, but for a much longer time.
Fiona: Aaaaaand in the blink of an eye, today is the last day of our OELP trip. :( Today, we visited the Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall, Eslite Bookstore (YAY), and then finally Taoyuan International Airport to catch our flight back home. At the Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall, we learned about all things Chiang Kai Shek, which would also be very useful for our History subject in school. We also took many pictures and even did the Matt Harding dance there!! Next, we finally got to go to Eslite Bookstore to buy the books we have long awaited for. The bookstore had a wide variety of books, both in English and Chinese, for us to choose from. We really enjoyed buying books from there :) after book-shopping, it was time to have lunch and then proceed to the airport for our flight. It was quite an emotional bus ride to the airport as we realised how fast time has passed and how we are already coming to the end of our 7-day OELP trip. Especially when Uncle Jeff, our tour guide for the past week, sang a farewell song to us. It was really hard to believe how fast the week has passed and that we already had to bid farewell to Uncle Jeff, who has been guiding us and mentoring us for the past 7 days. When it finally came the time we had to enter the departure hall, some of us even cried when we left Uncle Jeff. :'( It has been a very fruitful and enriching week in Taiwan with 2L, and I really will miss these 7 days spent with every single one of them. :")
Esther:last day of oelp :((((
Today is officially the last day of oelp, i cannot believe how fast time has passed as we were looking forward to the trip since year 1 and now its almost over. Firstly in the morning, we went to the chian kai shek memorial hall where we learnt about the contributions he had made to taiwan. They also showed many of the letters written by or for him, and clothes that were worn by him. After that, we went to eslite bookstore, which was a leading bookstore in taiwan as it is 4 stories hogh, and so,d many varieties of books, cds and other things. I think that singapore can learn from them as the bookstores in singapore sold very little books of other languages.many of us bought many things from the bookstores.
After visiting eslite bookstore, it was lunch and finally, the moment that we all were not anticipating: the last bus ride. It was extremely emotional as we knew that it was our last time sitting in the bus, and also listening to our tour guide: uncle jeff talk and explain things to us. For the past 7 days, uncle jeff has always been the one explaining the history of taiwan to us even though some of us were not listening and He was always willing to answer questions that we had. We were all very sad, and i almost teared up as we would not see uncle jeff and uncle lin ((the bus driver)) anymore. I have learnt so much more about taiwan thanks to them :-((
2L last day in Taiwan!









No comments:
Post a Comment