Wee Hung: I feel that my presentation was done very badly compared to my peers, because firstly, my script didn't had any of my personal thoughts and feelings. My script was just a whole chunk of information from Wikipedia. Information can be easily gotten from the internet while thoughts and feelings have to be thought of and done by yourself. This shows that my script was badly done and not much effort was out in. Thus, I felt that my presentation was done badly. The second reason is that when I was presenting, my nervousness could be seen easily. I kept pronouncing words wrongly, and I was referring to my script the whole time, so i hardly made any eye contact. All these are the 'not to dos', but I actually did them all, so I would not be surprised if i get a very bad result.
Sharlene: I enjoyed being part of the audience for other group's presentation but when it was our turn, I became really nervous. I think that the most important part that we are lacking in the Chingay presentation is our personal feelings and thoughts. It was a mistake that should not be made by only providing information. We should have took more precautions in what was looked out for a good presentation. However on presentation wise, I think that it was quite alright as the words were clearly heard and audible. The slides presented had only the main points of what each member is saying and not a whole paragraph of each word the speaker spoke. So this will allow audience to have a better understanding of the topic. As a good presenter, eye contact, audible and not monotonous voice is extremely important. If the presenter is not loud enough audience easily loose focus. Therefore, these presentation opportunity definitely trains us for future presentations as practice makes perfect and we learn from the mistakes that were made during this time.
Shaun: After the CID presentation, I am glad to say that I have enjoyed the entire process of preparing and sharing my thoughts with my classmates. It was also great listening to my classmates, learning from their mistakes and good points, and most importantly knowing how they felt about the experience! However, if there was a second chance to do all of this again, I think I would have tried to put in more effort after seeing the other groups' hardwork.
Esther: I think that for the presentation, our group were not very prepared and were lacking in many places. For example, we did not provide our feelings and reflections about the trip, but only about the segments in the chingay parade. That makes the presentation extremely boring and uninteresting. Secondly, we did not speak loud enough for the audience to hear us clearly which made hearing hard. We also did not have humor in the speech and there was little engagement with the audience. These are parts that we can improve on and do better next time.
Fiona: I think that we could have made some improvements to our presentation, and our presentation could have been a lot better. For example, some of us barely spent 1 minute speaking, when the minimum was supposed to be 3 minutes. If our individual speeches were longer and contained more details, the presentation would have been better. We also could have rehearsed more. However, due to the lack of time, we were not able to rehearse enough. Overall, I think that our presentation had space for improvement, and we could have done better. I hope that we will do better for future presentations.
No comments:
Post a Comment